When you think of a towing service, it’s easy to underestimate just how many services they provide. Car trouble can happen when we least expect it, but that doesn’t just refer to a vehicle break down. Towing companies provide many additional roadside services as well. Understanding the true nature of towing services is essential to roadside safety, especially at Doug Yates Towing & Recovery. Let’s discuss five of the most uncommon towing reasons to call a truck and how you can prevent it.
Different Types of Tow Trucks
Depending on the situation, location, and type of vehicle—there are several types of tow trucks. It is best to know ahead of time whether a tow service can meet your needs, so always call ahead. Also, look out for these different tow trucks offered:
Light-Duty Tow Trucks
Just as the name implies, light-duty trucks are used for smaller vehicles such as typical passenger cars or small trucks. These are great for tows in tight, urban spaces and handle vehicles that are stuck, broken down, or hit with a flat tire.
Emergency Response Trucks
There are a few different kinds of hazardous material spills that result from traffic accidents. These usually entail spills of vehicle fluids, hazardous material cargoes, or a combination of both. To clean up and get the roads back to normal, Doug Yates Emergency Spill Response Trucks are equipped to handle the job. We clean up almost any type of hazardous or dangerous spills. This includes: Oil Spills, Fuel Releases, Hazardous Material Spills, Product Transfers, Biohazard Waste Removal, Vacuum Truck Operations, and Decontamination and Disposal.
Heavy Hauling Trucks & Recovery Rotators
Construction equipment, tractor trailers, dump trucks, etc are best handled by a heavy hauling towing truck. These trucks weigh at least 26,000 lbs and pack extra horsepower for those unforeseen accidents. Most heavy-duty trucks also have a crane to lift vehicles or objects in tough-to-reach areas that most other trucks can’t get to.
Road Service Trucks
The “Road Service” Division of Doug Yates Towing & Recovery has four fully equipped service trucks with the latest technology in computer diagnostics available. If you are looking for reliable road service with complete diagnostic capability for medium and heavy-duty trucks, you have come to the right place.
Five Less Common Reasons For A TOWing Service
Now that you understand more about the towing world, let’s look at a few uncommon reasons why your car could be towed:
- No License or Insurance: If you get pulled over by law enforcement and they see that your license is suspended or expired, they have no choice but to tow your car. It will be impounded until you pay the associated fines.
- Blocking Property: If there’s a construction site nearby where work has been going on for weeks, they won’t be too happy if someone parks their vehicle in front of their entrance gate. This also includes parking in front of fire hydrants and parking garages. Fire hydrants are designed to provide water to firefighters if they need it during an emergency or for skill training. Doing this is illegal in most areas and could result in fines if caught by police officers or city officials.
- Driving Under the Influence: As soon as you turn the key to the ignition, press any buttons, and activate any gears—even if you are not driving—you can get arrested for a DUI. DUI’s are most often associated with drunk driving. However, getting behind the wheel when impaired by illicit drugs or prescription medication counts too. Officers always have the right to tow your vehicle during an arrest, especially when it is a DUI.
- Parked Illegally: Parking meters or the use of parking applications help control the number of cars that can stay parked in certain areas. If the meter expires and you have yet to pay, a tow truck can take away your vehicle. Private property owners can tow any vehicle parked on their property. This happens commonly if the car is parked in a way that interferes with normal business operations or poses a safety hazard. However, the property owner must have signs posted that say No Trespassing or No Parking. If you park on private property without permission, you risk having your vehicle towed by a towing company at the owner’s expense.
- Out of the Ordinary Accidents: Sometimes a normal accident just isn’t in the cards. Perhaps an unforeseen circumstance occurs in the environment around you, like a road sign collapsing on the highway, explosive head on collisions, or an eighteen wheeler rolling over. In those situations, nothing can be done other than carefully making your way to safety. If you ever witness an accident like this of any kind, call a “tow truck near me” to get yourself and others out of it as soon as possible.
Need A Towing Service? Call Us TOday!
At Doug Yates Towing & Recovery, we take great pride in investing in cutting-edge equipment to offer our customers top-quality service. Our fleet of tow trucks is kept well maintained and equipped with cutting-edge technology for safe and efficient towing of vehicles of any kind – rollbacks to heavy-duty tow trucks are always at our fingertips to handle the task at hand.
Customer satisfaction is always our number one goal. We take great pride in our work and aim to offer customers exceptional services from start to finish – from calling us right up until your vehicle is safely transported back home, we are dedicated to creating a stress-free and hassle-free experience from start to finish. We stand behind our work with a satisfaction guarantee for all our services!